Monday, September 12, 2005

Newsletter: Day 1 of Roberts Hearings November 12, 2006

Hearings Day 1:

Should Progressives Oppose John Roberts?

The argument goes something like this: things aren’t as bad as they could be, so don’t exert the energy to fight for what you believe. Anyway, if and when the Court does roll back, say, reproductive rights or religious freedoms, that will “only” have consequences where legislative bodies pass laws against them...there will be future, even worse, nominees to the Court; save your resources till things get worse. Read More

Roberts and Roe

Am I saying then that John Roberts supports or condones violence? Of course not. But I am saying that when he had a chance to weigh in and explicitly oppose the rising tide of violence that continued to escalate over the ensuing years, he did not. That is a serious question of character. Read More

On August 15th, I appeared on “The O’Reilly Factor” to discuss NARAL’s decision to pull their ad on John Roberts and raised my own questions about the nominee.

Click here to watch the interview and read the transcript.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s she doing now?

This is the question I most frequently hear since I left the presidency of Planned Parenthood Federation of America earlier this year. After a wonderful few months of travel and family fun (the summer of my content, I call it), I’m writing a new book, taking speaking engagements, and doing media commentary about my passions. It’s liberating to speak in my own voice, which might just be a tad edgy these days.

No comments: